U stoopid Californian's wudnt have no forest fires, if ya just cut down all the damn trees!

2 Likes

Hey, let’s make it all a desert.

On a serious note, they could do forest floor clean up and make fire breaks.

Still keeping 95% of trees.

The fucking forest can take care of itself like it did for the last trillion years

human intervention is not needed

why do you hold yerself higher then mother nature? WHY?

Zinke needs to be chained to one of the BILLIONS of DEAD trees which are producing the dense fuel load, are not profitable to log, and are due to poor forest management coupled with drought and Bark Beetle infestation, and then set on fire.

4 Likes

We just fetched new bugs here - they kill ash trees

the township sent a newsletter

we shud cut down ALL the other trees lest they fetch bugs

1 Like

So… in this case, inaction doesn’t prevent wildfires. Action does.

I hope you realize this, that wildfires are a natural part of this world and that if we don’t clear forest floors and make fire breaks, the wildfire season gets bigger and bigger each year.

As @Spoon said, it’s due to bad forest management.

Fires are good for some things - some trees need fire to grow yer new ones, and how the fuck can you say fires are natural and then try to stop them?

You can limit them from spreading to residential areas…

Maybe.
Around here we rarely get forest fires because it’s fairly wet. So the analogy I’ll offer is that you can build levees to allow you to build “residential areas” in the Mississippi or Ohio bottomlands, but you can’t buy flood insurance for those “residential areas” because they’re fucking floodways.

Likewise, if you build a “residential area” in a dry fucking forest your chances of losing your house are considerably elevated and we are seeing now that insurance companies are getting a lot more conservative about underwriting.

1 Like

The real reason that there have been so many large fires lately is due to the effects of global warming brought about by increased CO2 emissions. I am sure that most of you learned back in high school that carbon dioxide is essential to plant growth. It’s simple really, the faster that plants and algae grow the more oxygen that they produce. The amount of plant growth these last several decades has been enormous and the increase in atmospheric oxygen has been enormous as well.

It is the increased atmospheric oxygen that is responsible for the feeding of these fires.

1. NO RAIN
  2. STARTED BY HUMANS

giphy

I might be inclined to CONSIDER the OP opinion if he wasn’t A TRUMP toady and if TRUMP hadn’t slashed the interior budget. Tells me they aren’t serious about their missions, just being political assholes.

2 Likes