Very Nice Hike This Afternoon

Came across one of the most beautifully patterned Garter Snakes I have ever seen.
…Really starting to love the Mishmi Takin Kamengs.

1 Like

It has a cute face.

They aren’t unfriendly. This one (not the one pictured) was on the narrow trail and moved to the side, but then turned and gave me an opportunity to examine it rather than running off. They will bite in self defense though.

“…they stab it with their steely knives, but they just can’t kil the beast”

Did ya take that with the phone I tol ya to fetch?

Nah - I have to start taking my camera along. There was a wonderful series of tracks in the mud along the Lenapehanna yesterday. Would have liked to get a pick. Raccoon, Bear, small bird, and near by a very large bird (Hawk, Eagle, maybe even Great Blue), or Velociraptor.

Saw a Barred Owl fly off today as well. Remarkable that such a large bird can navigate its way through dense woods without making a sound, without ever disturbing a leaf. .

Zero sound

https://youtu.be/d_FEaFgJyfA

1 Like

Oh BTW,speaking of wildlife and yer cameras…

I did not know that.

It got to do with that whole rape fantasy thing, I would guess. You know - threat of physical violence and all.

That is only a thing in men’s minds.

I don’t happen to think that way.

Bullshit - I had one ask me to rape her

I am like - I think ya gotta be a special breed to do that -

Well, yeah. And not very many women actually think like that, either.

Got my camera in pocket today. Who knows if it’s charged though.

I think we all hope it isn’t, trust me.

If ya had a phone you would know - cause it tells ya percent charged

Any decent camera made in the last two decades will tell you if it’s charged if you turn it on and look at the screen

Me or doc don’t got no fancy pants camera like that - I just the phone - my otherone takes OK pics, but the phone is easier

Use 2400 eneloops and you will get 4 times the pictures of normal AA or AAA

If you get a 200 on high qual batts you will over 600 on the rechargeable

How do you know what kind of camera Doc has

So I turns on the camera to take a pic of the drained Beaver pond and sure enough the battery isn’t charged so it shuts down.
Fortunately I keep a second battery in the case and put that one in and snapped the shot.