Why Is Salt Bad For Your Health?

What do you think?

I eat a ton of it and my sodium is usually a little low but not low enough for concern.

I live in a warm climate. Salt is essential

Water is bad for you in large amounts. To little and you dehydrate, too much and you drown.

There was that Lady doing some kind of on air radio challenge, she was supposed to drink like a gallon (amt.s might be off, not the point)of water in a very short time, and she effectively drowned on air.

Well I was semi right in my vague recollection…

1 Like

There was this challenge a couple years ago, some dumb kids trying to see how much water they could drink without peeing, and there was at least one death. My sister-in-law suddenly didn’t want her sons drinking a lot of water and I had to explain to her that it was okay as long as they were peeing.

1 Like

Wabbit, I caught you in grammar mistake. First time in 13 years!

:rofl:

I protest, typing tic!

Oh, all right. Damn!

I are one who grammar’s good!

2 Likes

Interesting thing I learned from the guy. The vast majority of the people that suffer from real problems associated with salt in the diet are African American. The reason is that people from West Africa adapted to retaining salt in their bodies when they get it, an evolutionary adaptation. That’s solely due to the climate and geography. They get so much rain in West Africa that it washes minerals away and the soil is depleted. West Africans couldn’t get it from their food sources, so what they could get, their bodies adapted to retain.

Most African-Americans are of West African descent. So adding salt to a body that is designed to retain salt makes for high blood pressure basically.

Most of us can have salt in our diet without too much concern.

1 Like

Pedialyte is high in sodium. Anti dehydration pills are high in sodium. Your body needs a balance of water and sodium to maintain hydration.

Simple stuff, really.

What is pedicure?

1 Like

I assume he means Pedialyte or something.

1 Like

Well, that’s supposed to be full of minerals for children when they have been vomiting or having diarrhea.

I hope no one else drinks if for “fun”? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yeah, autocorrect. Lol

I enjoy the taste- but I pound some after every night drinking. To this day, I’ve only ever had 1 hang over. It’s common in the military.

Oh, I see. I never knew that. What’s wrong with gatorade?

Gatorade is just sugarized water.

At least it was invented at U of Florida (i.e. the Florida Gators).

It could have been worse if it was invented at Florida State U…

Renegadeade