Women brain dead after hit by 4k bike in Central Park - JJ

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/19/woman-brain-dead-after-getting-hit-by-high-speed-cyclist-in-central-park/

I could have done that with my 30 Year old Fuji that I think I paid $275 for.

I got a 40 year old Fuji - I rode it today - it’s all you need
I just looked - they are still 300 bucks

Mine was a more expensive bike, I think it was like 500 or so, but it was a model yr or so old and had a minor scratch on it so I got a “deal”, but it served me well for a lot of years

There are these guys, they ride racing bikes, they have all the gear, they ride as fast as they can, they scream at people when they are in the way, they think they own the park roads. I saw one of them scream at a little girl on a tricycle one day, which made her cry. I wanted to chase after him and rip his head off.

These guys are stupid dicks. And now one of them hurt somebody badly.

Just carry a walking stick and when they go by throw the stick in their spokes.

Lot of bicyclists yelling at people around here, too. Bunch of assholes. I have told them to fuck off more than once.

When I ride I yell at people who are parked in bike lanes, or drivers who aren’t paying attention. When I lived in SF I used to ride with a whistle around my neck, and blow it at stupid inattentive drivers. But these guys are different: they are racing, with all the expensive gear, etc., all these logos all over their shirts, etc. etc. – idiots. I am much more into urban cycling.

I think mine was like 175 around 1976 - that was a lot fer a bike

Urban cycling is totally different. These assholes with the logos and expensive bikes all think they’re headed for the Tour de France. They are all over LA, yelling at pedestrians. There is no excuse for that. I also saw a guy yelling at a kid. I yelled at him. Assholes one and all.

I thought NYC and LA were tough places, I see some of these spandex outfitted pro racing biking fags on the path around here but they’re usually polite. They’re certainly not screaming at people to get out of the way, someone would punch them off their bike pretty fast.

1 Like

Yeah, if they did that here they would end laying in a field somewhere with the Racoons licking blood off their head

Bikers here have formed quite a political lobby. They are super active and think they are superior to everyone, including little kids walking to the beach. They even act like assholes toward people on regular bikes, in regular clothes. I have been yelled at plenty of times while on my bike cause I was in the bike lane and I wasn’t going fast e-fucking-nough.

Speaking of bikes - I am going for a ride

Hey wait a second Lotus Bud I thought you said it was impossible to bike in LA, and that’s why single moms had to drive their SUVs and minivans to pick up a carton of milk, or just go to McDonalds in order to feed their kids.

WTF are you talking about? I never said it was impossible to bike everywhere in LA, moron. I am not going to continue to argue with you about whether or not food deserts exist, you damn teabagger.

Wow…

You want to hear a funny story? When my son was around 15-18, he was into mountain bike racing. At one event this one asshole from Pittsburgh showed up and had an expensive bike, expensive gear, clothes, etc. He was constantly bragging about how good he was and how he was going to easily win, blah, blah, blah. So they start the race on a downhill and he’s at the head of the pack. For whatever reason, he flipped his bike at the bottom of the hill and practically the whole pack ran over him and his bike, LOL. He came limping up the hill all scuffed up and dirty, carrying his bike which had seriously bent rims. It was one of the funniest things that I ever saw.

That guy who used to poast was a cyclist, wasn’t he? libz_r_delusional I think?

I am a very good rim straightener

but then

Is it still round?

That’s the problem