Yessir, we fired that Deputy real good for running over that boy

Now he’s a Deputy over in the next County.

Cop Who Was Fired After Ramming Suspect With Car Hired By Nearby County

A Georgia police officer fired a day after video captured him hitting a suspect with his patrol car during a chase has been hired by a nearby sheriff’s department.

Taylor Saulters, who was a rookie in the Athens-Clarke County Police Department, was picked up by the Oglethorpe County Sheriff’s Office on Monday, its sheriff announced on Facebook.

“I have known him since he was a baby and I know he will be a great asset to our county,” Sheriff David Gabriel said.

“Where’s your Hall Pass, punk?”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cop-fired-ramming-suspect-car-213202044.html

Certainly no white privilege at play in this situation.

I’ve probably seen more of police procedure in GA and SC than most of y’all. To those crackers, the race of the fleeing felon is probably immaterial. It may not be a matter of policy, but the idea of a suspect having a RIGHT to resist arrest by physically fleeing from the arresting officer used to be met by shooting him. This is still done, but not as often ad formerly.

The only “white privilege” at play here is that in CrackerLand one rarely sees any officers of color except at the state trooper level, and in the Atlanta area.

Anyway, my contention is that a white peckerwood trying to outrun a cop in that county would get the same treatment. Reassigning cops to another district or jurisdiction is commonplace to avoid negative media, a practice that is seen all over the country.

That white cop that shot Mike Brown in Missiouri was a retread.

1 Like

I have my doubts that a black cop could as easily get away with that and then land another job within days or weeks.

And if chasing down suspects is all copacetic, why move the cop at all?

I have not made either of the assertions you are picking to argue about. I’ll be back in a few hours if you want to understand my position more accurately.

No arguments necessary. I know how the real world works.

how do these fat cops pass their physical training tests?

IKR? We toured Oregons Cop Boot Camp when I was a kid and the guy giving us the Tour was an Army Vet and said he had a hard time getting through the Cop Academy Training