Beautiful Earth thread

I wish.

Might be one of the best shots of the New* Space Needle, i have seen.

*It originally only had the single upper “Space Ship” The lower thing was added in the 80’s. and for years I have not liked the look it added…but in this shot, I like it.

And I was there…

*fun fact, the sleek roofline on the lower right corner of the image is what used to be called The Seattle Center, then more recently Key Arena, not sure what it is called today. But I saw a few of yer rock n roll concerts there in my later formative teen years.

1 Like

1 Like

lovebirds. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

This mornings ice in the Valley

1 Like

I’d forgotten my camera once on a trip to Vegas, so theMrs and I had a shiddy disposable with us. We got a shiddy pic in Red Rock park of a manzanita under a waterfall in November, completely iced over like this. I was so mad the pics came out shiddy.

2 Likes

Portland Metro is right in the middle of what we once called a “Silver thaw” but I guess now they’re just Ice Storms…extremely dangerous, but incredible to witness…especially if you get to be outside near trees etc and you hear the silence and the very strange creaking and tinkly of ice on everything…I hope @Sindy is getting some good pics…Terwilliger Drive is not far from your Man’s place, if you feel like a hike on the ice…but be very careful, just liking driving walking on ice, all bets are off.

1 Like

Apologies for abusing the boundaries of the topic, but didn’t wanna start a thread for Hey Its Purty Here Too.

2 Likes

Also just got a text from my son in Seattle of their house under 8 inches of snow and marveling about how purty a snowy Seattlle is. LOL in 2 winters there I never saw more than an inch or two.

1 Like

If it’s on Earth and it’s Beautiful, I assume it’s allowed.

I’ll let it slide as well.

“Limousine Librul Paradise”

Not far away from here.

This tiny little one has been hanging out by my back porch alone for almost 24 hours now. Just in case no momma comes looking, is there someone local to call that does rescues for deer? I hate to see it sit there and suffer in this cold.

1 Like

Astronaut Bruce McCandless II floats untethered away from the safety of the space shuttle, with nothing but his Manned Maneuvering Unit keeping him alive. The first person in history to do so.
(37 years ago)

2 Likes

I wanna go

3 Likes