Don't ever look online to find out what's going on with your dog

you start reading these advice sites and pretty soon you’re convinced the dog is about to die.

Your dog seems to have taken on your personality. Poor dogs, they really are too close to us for their own good.

My gf, who was somewhat anxious or ADD, maybe both had a mixed collie who was also anxious and followed her from room to room…had a heart attack when Sherri went out.

It’s awful.

Well, my dog started convulsing, so I thought he was going to vomit. We went outside, he walked down the street, vomited…and then he kept on convulsing. I thought he might have something stuck in his throat. He’s convulsing, but breathing, so I figure ok… but still convulsing. Then he drinks some water. OK, he must be ok. Then he’s convulsing more. Shit. I’m petting him and telling him it’s ok. Then I start googling and end up reading about congestive heart failure in dogs. Holy shit! Then I go over to my dog, and he’s convulsing, and then he spots a biscuit on the carpet, and he gobbles it down. Then he goes to sleep and starts farting.

I guess the guy had some bad gas.

I suppose.

Is he old?

yeah, he is about 12.

Awww, he’s a senior. Things just don’t work like they used to. I remember when Buddy was about that age. Beagles are fairly independent minded dogs, by that age his attitude really was “whatever, dude”.

He was funny.

Ohhhhh. Your baby is getting up there. What kind of dog is he?

He’s just a mutt, a mix of a bunch of terriers, might be some beagle in there too. I’ve seen this kind of dog called a Feist. I also know that this kind of dog is pretty common in Central America, Puerto Rico, etc. Kind of a street dog. But he’s a good guy.