Sessions tells US prosecutors told to push for more, harsher punishments

See you guys in Commie Donnie’s gulags…

2 Likes

This is only fer federal stuff

I say harsher sentences for Sessions, Trump, and Pence.

1 Like

I don’t get it. They won’t put money into social programming and health care but they’ll happily pay room and board for drug users?

1 Like

They don’t pay for it. Prisons are for profit here.

How does someone profit from a prison?

They do pay for it. The prisons profit from the government. They say they can run it cheaper but they still pocket a lot from providing a shitty “service”.

Free inmate labor.

By pay for it, you mean they give out tax dollars to the profiteers who are in the prison business.

Are they profiting at all from the government or do inmates make enough in work to pay for everything to run?

Yes, exactly. The same as the private water in Flint.

So it’s a public / private partnership.

They get government subsidies as well, of course. But there is huge incentive to jack up incarceration numbers due to these profiteers. It should be illegal.

1 Like

So you, as a tax payer, still pay for inmates.

Wouldn’t that money be better spent on programs to keep people out of prison?

And I completely agree with you that prisons should not be for profit.

Of course it would.

I’m sorry your current government is wasting your money and treating people like shit.

Google KIDS FOR CASH

Plus the prison system is a jobz program for conz that weren’t quite smart enough to be a cop…

https://www.yahoo.com/news/holder-sessions-new-tough-sentencing-policy-dumb-crime-170600246.html

2 Likes

We found that out here.

The approach to punishment should be more intelligent. If people pose a threat to society, they should be locked up - murderers, rapists, drunk drivers, etc. That doesn’t include recreational drug users and addicts. That is a social problem and needs to be dealt with with social programming and prevention.