The weather is crazy

Biggest storm in California in 6 years. Strong winds and lots o’ rain. And, it’s in the fifties! Cold!!!

(Made me think of @D_M, since he’s in this, too.)

2 Likes

70 degrees and sunny here today… worked outside all day in a t-shirt. Supposed to be in the mid 60’s for the next week… it’s supposed to be snowing still.

1 Like

We have 400% of our usual snowpack here in California. And the season isn’t even over. The 50s, I’m telling you! Soooooo cold.

2 Likes

50’s is summertime during this time of year here.

Yer a pain in the ass with that - 50’s fuck - I would be out in my underwear

2 Likes

Were the flies out yet?

Didn’t see any flies but I saw a couple black furry caterpillars and discovered a thriving ant hill under some brush and leaves.

The flying nats drive me crazy the first few really warm days.

1 Like

Yeah they’re enough to drive me inside… usually when it gets warm and rainy out they come out.

A family from the city moved into my area a few years ago. They had their kid’s head in some sort of netted house contraption when the bugs were out.:grin:

1 Like

I just caught ABC’s report on Southern California, holy moly they’re getting one of those Pineapple Express (aka Atmospheric River) things we usually get,

1 Like

Yeah. The dog refused to go outside to pee. He hasn’t been outside all day.

Record highs here, for several days running. Snow melted off in mid-Jan, three months early. Mid-60’3, 40 degrees above normal for Feb.

But no global warming, nope. Trump’s administration says so.

Aren’t you worried about the dogs kidneys?

You do some farming don’t ya? Are you planting early?

I do not farm, but my in-laws do, as well as lots of neighbors and friends.

They’re all planning to plant early. Saw a guy out on his tractor today, getting some prep work in.

1 Like

I’m about to head back out there and prep my shit…

I made him go out. He’s fine.

Still raining. This is so weiiiirrrrrrrddd.

Maybe cheeto can save them commie cons down stream from the dam

Maybe Donny Tinyhands is breaking out the weather weapons on ya to punish California…

http://csat.au.af.mil/2025/volume3/vol3ch15.pdf