Ugh

It does take a learning curve for sure - lotsa settings - ya can tailor the bottom line fer battery and sich - I made mine bigger

Enjoy - If ya can’t set to where ya like it you need help

and the price is right

Black font on a light tan background is easy on the eyes

1 Like

True, and the initial setting is Sepia so that’s pretty close. For me since I read in bed the less light the better so white on black with that slick adjustment slider is perfect for me.

It will read aloud if ya pay the 2 bucks or whatever - good for vision impaired folks

I haven’t gotten a jury duty thing in forever but used to toss them in the trash in IL, even a big state level case once, nothing ever happened.

1 Like

They can’t prove you ever got a piece of mail if you didn’t sign for it

Jus get a crazy note and yer off forever -

they don’t take old people here - 70 is the limit I think or even less

so I got crazy and old going for me

I did the same thing here a couple times, kept expecting to have the swat team fast rope through my window or an entire platoon of squad cars full of usda grade a beefy cops giving me the rodney king package.

Nope.

1 Like

How do I get it to find my actual Kindle books, Amazon hides them in the filesystem

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201567510

Kindle cloud reader ya can download from it I believe

I already use Kindle software, I was just wondering since fbreader can read .mobi which is Kindle files, if it could read what I’ve already downloaded so I can use FB instead of Kindle SW to read them. No matter, Kindle is fine for my official library and FB is awesome for the other files.

Thanks

Where are these files you download? on yer puter?

Yes, and as I said already, Kindle hides them and neither I nor FB seems to be able to find them. And before you ask, yes I know how to do a file search.

Try ccleaner.com

Yes, I know you know how to do stuff

here it is

go to your amazon account
go to digital content - kindle stuff
click on that to see yer books
check the box next to the book you want to DL and the one next has a context menu
download the book - it has some goffy ass extension - it’s ok
when it get download go to fbreader.org and set a library and drop yer book in the library

on the phone you use your gmail to access the fbreader library or maybe theres is another way and you can then download to the phone to read

sounds like a lot but it ain’t

Can you choose the nationality of the young girl that reads em to you?

Doesn’t like DLing any of my books

On the MANAGE YOUR CONTENT AND DEVICES PAGE SELECT DEVICES

SET KINDLE AS YOUR DEFAULT DEVICE (make sure it gets selected in DEVICE ACTIONS)

then DOWNLOAD AND TRANSFER VIA USB - YOU WILL SEE KINDLE IN THE DROPDOWN

K

or just plug kindle into usb and use explorer to transfer the files to yer pc the azw ones

This is getting on my nerves theR

I can download kindle books with android app, but I can find where the keep them, so as to use them with FB