Ugh

Jury Duty.

Gotta report to Hedding St at 1:00.

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz…

3 Likes

Might be time to break out the MAGA hat. Or something similar to this.

1 Like

Ya shuda got the the doc to write ya an athdtd note like I did - works like a charm

1 Like

Hang em all, let god sort it out.

2 Likes

I can look into a persons eyes and tell if their good people or not.

2 Likes

People with tattoos are guilty.

People without tattoos are hiding something.

(Whichever fits the scenario)

1 Like

Jus tell em ya hate fucking cops and wud never believe a fucking thing a cop sed -

yer shuda yer athtdt thing and you wuda got out of it

I hope you remembered to grab a short case of brewskis and a cooler, it could be a long afternoon.

So I read your story, Duke. I liked it.

The good ones are few and far between

did you look at fbreader - stone smooth

Been summoned twice… never had to show

I was jury foreman last time. This time I REALLY hope to get bounced, it’s expected to take a MONTH where IMHO it should be settled by lawyers and judges and not a jury.

It seems more often than not some sort of plea deal is usually hatched near the last minute. (or at least often enough, as per Bromo)

I was witness to a purse snatching several years ago, I must have had 3 or 4 phone convos with the Detective and he came into the store on day, and we chatted and he showed me pics of the dude to confirm etc, then after a couple months the night before I was scheduled to go in an tell the jury I saw the guy snatch the bag and run. Trial was cancelled tyvm gtfo.

Got bounced. I was bitching to MrsR last nite why this civil case was to a jury since it hinged on whether or not contractor licenses were set in the contract and whether the contractor had said licenses. The judge asked the panel (I was in the first set to sit) if anyone had issue with this being a jury matter and I was the ONLY one to raise my hand. The plaintiff asked me questions to elaborate, and I explained that these points did not seem deliberable(sp?) facts but were either true or not. After the break I don’t know whether the plaintiff’s or the defendant’s lawyer had me excused, but in fact I don’t really care :slight_smile:

I was seated in the front row next to the plaintiff’s table where they kept post-its on each juror seat position. After the break I saw that there was a fresh blank note in a few positions, including mine. So I knew it was coming soon :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ya shuda got a note - ATHDTD

Much easier - ya jus mail it in

I keep being my plainspoken logical engineer self and let one side or the other be afraid of that.

1 Like

Around here, they do voir dire a bit differently in both civil and crim matters. They call up 12, the judge asks some general questions for a show of hands, with more questions if you raise yer hand. Judge will excuse some jurors as he goes thru this, one at a time, and call up replacements.

Then the lawyers both get to question whomever they they wish, Each of them will excuse jurors, stating whether it’s peremptory of “for cause.”

Sometimes when one lawyer exercises a peremptory challenge the other lawyer will smile or do an unobtrusive fist bump.

Staying awake and answering “correctly” can almost guarantee you an excusal.

But FTR, I haven’t been summoned for years. I took a doctor’s letter to the county clerk after my most recent jury duty and got a permaban.

1 Like

Checking it out now, so far so good. Allows for a lot of flexibility which is good, but the settings I want are buried which took me a bit.

I’m liking it.

Changing the brightness by running yer finger on the left side is a setting check that out

also you store yer books on gmail and download them to the phone - you just drop yer books

tons of setting for fonts and color

It makes kindle reader look very primitive

1 Like

I saw that setting, it is pretty slick.

And I changed the color, white on black background for lower light in bed, and use the finger on the left to set it to my liking, agreed that’s very handy.

Good call Duke! Thanks