Why I get tickled when people want trade "protectionism"

So Progs will jump up and down demanding trade protectionism to protect our industry.

Then Progs turn around and raise hell about HFCS.

It’s then pointed out that we have HFCS due to trade protectionism, which jacks up the price of sugar (the US pays anywhere from 2-3 times the world price of sugar at any given point), that protects our corn farmers.

The response is - No, no, no. We don’t want trade protectionism. We want trade protectionism.

Riiiiight.

Step away from the crack pipe.

I wonder if he could quote one of us?

Maybe if he thought to bookmark that hallucination.

OMG. I so want smites right now.

And I want people to understand unintended consequences, but we can’t have everything we want.

Still waiting for you to provide your documentation showing that protectionism is a “Prog” hallmark. No hurry, I’ll check in later.

I’m still waiting for you to post what Bush should have done before 9/11. Sometimes one can not get everything he wants.

He should have had people looking into the clear and present warnings that Al Qaeda was on the war path, have you also forgotten the 93 World Trade Center Bombing, and the Cole Bombing?

Why wasn’t Clinton doing that? He had seven years after the bombing.

The Clinton admin Left the Bush Admin, a pretty huge amount of Data on Al Qaeda intel etc, which Bushco ignored, but you know this.

And Yes, Clinton did quite a bit in going after Al Qaeda, do you remember us lobbing cruise missiles into Afghanistan?

Who said Clinton wasn’t doing anything? How could he stop something from happening 9 mos after he was OUT of the White House?

Probably the same way Obama was supposed to prevent total economic collapse a year before he took office.

1 Like

What should he have done?

You tell me Dr Kissassinger.