Fuck, sometimes I think I just ought to bag it, move to like New Mexico or someplace

Have you ever seen those commercials for the Crohn’s disease medicines that are pretty popular now? The one has the guy eyeing the restrooms. When it’s bad that’s what you have to do. Pretty much keep on the lookout and plan where you might have to go. Even when it’s not bad you find yourself doing that.

You know, after thinking about it, if I had to choose, I would seriously rather live in a big city where you could walk or bike everywhere rather than living in suburbia where you have to drive mile after mile in traffic and look at the bullshit strip malls and franchise restaurants. Where I live though, it’s pretty nice. I drive 20 minutes to work and stop at the store on the way home. When I get home it’s nice and quiet. I’ve got a really nice house that would probably sell for 2-3 million on the east or west coast but only cost me about 150 grand.

2 Likes

Yup. Fucking tech assholes ruined SF.

I’d forgotten all about this “Scenic Outlook” episode until D_M posted that story. I pulled over in a cold sweat, and barely made it down to the lake. I was unbuckling even before I got behind the bush, and I remember feeling astonished by the force of the dump I took.

How does a thread about moving somewhere peaceful turn into a thread about nasty dumps?

Stupit.

1 Like

That’s just the way it is.

Myself, I’d like to hear more about Newport. It seemed like a lovely little town the one time I visited there. What’s it like now, and what’s the COL like?

So many places one could live, so little time.

[qremember Dme=“JJLaGuar, post:44, topic:1433, full:true”]
I’d forgotten all about this “Scenic Outlook” episode until D_M posted that story. I pulled over in a cold sweat, and barely made it down to the lake. I was unbuckling even before I got behind the bush, and I remember feeling astonished by the force of the dump I took.
[/quote]

I remember DM telling me that story the day it happened. Must have been 11-12 years ago. He was going through some rough times back then, living out of dive motels and taking public transportation to work. I believe he was even homeless for a brief time. I offered him a place to stay and money on numerous occasions but he wouldn’t have it. Always insisted that he was fine and had a plan. He must have as he turned it all around pretty quickly. DM had a lot of crazy ass stories back then and i never doubted any of them. Living in the bowels of LA is a daily adventure, especially if you use public transportation. I hope you don’t mind me sharing, DM.