History's most sadistic serial killer?

I think I way in the Navy when Kiss broke big, one of my buds was begging a bunch of to go see them, I think I had to wash my hair that night…so he shows me all these pics of Kiss, in their make up and shit, I remember think who the fuck are clown’s dressed up like god damn cartoon characters? I found them rather unsavory.

Now Edgar, that man had style and taste!

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51C11EYQHAL.jpg

:cold_sweat:

Free Ride is my ringtone.

1 Like

I saw them live a couple times in that era, two things I remember Dan Hartman Bassist/Writer (Rock n Roll Hootchie Koo) had a cordless bass (Common now, revolutionary then) and he was spinning around and doing flips…then during the part of Fronkensteen when the synth. does that power up and down thing, one of the guys Edgar I think points out into the crowd moving his pointing finger down as the diminuendo fades, it made us in the crowd spellbound by the wizardry.

Wizardry, you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWvRorX0KhQ

1 Like

And I can barely roll a joint without dropping some of the weed

Kiss sucks - but Queen is the one I fucking despise

LOLOLOL… they do suck, but no comparison. KISS makes Queen look like Led Fukking Zeppelin.

Queen was one of the best rock bands of the Arena Rock era…arguably THE best. Nothing else to say.,ENJHS.

3 Likes

Queen 1, Queen 2 and the first side of Shear Heart Attack kicked ass. It was at that point that Freddie McMurray caught the ghey. Everything after that sounded like a cross between a barber Shop quartet and a symphonic orchestra. Terrible sound.

“Liar”, “Keep Yourself Alive”, “Stone Cold Crazy”. Good shit, man.

I gotta go with Spoon here, and disagree with BD6 and DM. Queen is very produced, which turns some off. But it was good songwriting and good layering. He definitely got into his stage-showtune vibe with Night at the Opera and parlayed that into what many consider good music.

Overplayed, perhaps, but there is usually a reason for that.

1 Like

Also: Thread to Apey for the one-p0ast hijack.

2 Likes

How could anyone not like this. The Acemeister is playing so fast there are sparks coming out of his fingers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38N9Ba7xFcs

I always the whole heavy metal satanic shit to be stupid

I was born amid a bunch of upper middle class kids who worshiped that shitty music

Black Sabbath, Slayer, Pantera, AC/DC, all that crap. The KISS act was totally stupid and retarded, and those idiots would lick those guys balls if they could. I remember them saving their drug money to go see them in the capitals.

I admit, I like some of the songs from many of these bands, but I can’t stand seeing them live or their clips

The most obnoxious noise I ever heard - horrible - play one fucking Queen song and I would fucking rat anyone out.

I would rather listen to fucking random static from a distant pulsar on a radio telescope

there are no fucking words to express how much I fucking hate their music

fucking 10 seconds of it is enuf to make me want to fucking sever my jugular vein

It’s clear that you have no idea how Queens music has provided solace for for those dealing with lifes frustrations, lifting their spirits and setting them free spiritually. Now Six, tell me how this little scene doesn’t give you joy,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqymcJRSbxI

I’m sorry that tears me up every time, I promised myself I wouldn’t cry too.,

Pretty much agree except for Sabbath. They were kind of the inventors of the satanic sound, and anyone who invents something new gets props from me. They were also one of the forerunners of metal. I never saw them live, but I did see Ozzie on his first solo tour. The band had so little original material to draw from that they ended up mostly playing Sabbath tunes… and they really butchered them. They stopped playing right in the middle of a few songs because Randy Rhodes obviously wasn’t sure what he was playing.

My best friend from Grade School and my what’s good (talented, actual musicin his opinion anyway, he had after all been studying music since about 4th grade) was a fan of early Sabbath, and Queen and some other headbangerish band I can’t think of at the time, one of the first Queen’s Albums maybe the first they had a liner note on the back of the record talking about how NO SYNTHESIZERS were used in making the record, and I remember him being pretty impressed by that.

Boston said that on Stage Three, their lightning nose was made on a guitar with bad transistors.

Interesting because Tom Sholz is also a decent keys man.

I never got real into Boston, but obviously very aware of them, was Tom the guy that was basically Boston and had a background in electrical Engineering? (Seems I remember hearing in the Studio most of the music was the leader guy)