New CA gas tax

They raised it 30 fucking cents in PA

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/27/california-hidden-gas-tax/

Crud, if California did it, I hope Oregon doesn’t think it should follow suit.

1 Like

So, you would rather have pollution?

Not really, and it would be nice if they fixed our roads.

1 Like

I would rather have pollution melting the tissue in my lungs than pay another fukking penny at the pump. And anyfukkingway, what the fukk does it matter if California reduces carbon if the other fukking 49 states aren’t doing anything? It’s not like we have a goddam bubble over the state.

I love California, but I just can’t afford to live here much longer.

1 Like

Mother fucking con gov raised it 30 cents here after he said no new taxes

I heard that. I was born here and am thinking about wtf I’m gonna do when I retire.
Probably have to move.

I’ve already made up my mind that I’m going to have to retire somewhere more affordable.

Where are you thinking about? I try not to think about it too much.

Don’t know for sure, I’ve still got a lot of time to decide. I only know it will be somewhere I haven’t lived before. Life’s too short to be backtracking. Probably somewhere else out west.

I think about New Mexico sometimes…somewhere with some elevation.

New Mexico is definitely a possibility for me. I’ve been there a few times and enjoyed myself.

We used to play Albuquerque, Gallup and then head up highway 666 to Farmington. What a shithole lol.

What’s a shithole?

A shithole… Albuquerque seemed like a really scummy and violent place, think Phoenix, then Gallup was dirty, dusty drunk indian central, then Farmington was about the same. I don’t really remember much of Farmington other than the club, I think I slept a lot there. Our bass player and his wife’s family lived in Grand Junction, Colorado though and it seemed like a great place to live.

Interesting perspective. I kind of like the Taos area or maybe Santa Fe…I like a drier climate.

I dunno, maybe I’ll end up staying here. I have no idea.

My introduction to Albuquerque was, drive two days to get there straight through, arrive at the cheap hotel the agent recommended, on the main drag there, not too far from the club we played at, nice big club… We’re so tired we check into the seedy dive and crash out and within a few hours the keyboard player is knocking on the door, someone from the health department stopped at his room looking for feces and bed bugs, the drummer discovers some used syringes up on a shelf in our room, the lady next to the keyboard player had her door kicked in the night before, and there’s a guy walking around holding a revolver in the parking lot.

So we’re like ok, we need to get the fuck out of here.We found a better hotel, much nicer place, quite a bit more money and we lost our deposit at the first dump,2nd night playing at the club I go outside on break and it looks like somoene hit a deer right in front of the place, I guess some guy had gotten shot in front of the place.

I imagine it’s worse these days, I’m sure the town has its nice places and I remember going out to eat at a nice local place but really I wasn’t impressed… Taos looks pretty cool if you have the $ to afford it.

Taos has got to be cheaper than here.

Check this out: note that you have to be gone on weekends

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/roo/4640149272.html

I’d guess probably about the same as there but there’s probably not a lot of work to be had around there either. All I ever really saw of Taos was some really nice homes up in the mountains. Looked really expensive.

I’d check out small town Oregon, has to be cheaper, isn’t real far away from SF area etc and probably somewhat similar weather.